The tomb is empty
Christ is Risen!! Alleluia!!
During this message, you will learn how the resurrection of Jesus Christ is not only the simples explanation for the empty tomb but also the most reasonable. We have a living hope, a hope in Christ that is not based on ourselves. The Resurrection transformed the Apostol Peter from a cowardly doubter to Peter, the rock of the church and it can change your lives a well.
Use the following prayer or your own, giving voice to the realities of the day within the greater context of the promise of the resurrection, and ask for the Holy Spirit’s presence.
the disciples were filled with fear and uncertainty
but you revealed yourself as the conqueror of death. On this Easter day as we gather
some grieving, some fearful, some unsure of the future, reveal yourself and fill us with hope. Amen.
God Speaks to Us and We Respond
Scripture Reading: Luke 15:11-32
Pastor Tito demonstrated that The Resurrection is the starting point of our faith. It is because of the glorious hope that comes to us in the Resurrection that we can have the assurance needed when we are called to identify with Jesus in both his suffering and his obedience. The Apostle Peter offered this same explanation in his writing to First Century believers whose lives were being changed by the reality of the Resurrection in 1 Peter 1:3-9, which we will study in this week’s guide
- Reread Luke 24:1-12 and look back at your sermon notes. How did the presentation of evidence in the sermon this weekend give you confidence in the truth of Christianity?
- How does the reality of the Resurrection give you confidence in God’s plan for humanity?
- Read 1 Peter 1:3-9. Why is placing your hope in Christ more valuable than anything you could receive on Earth?
-By Rev. Joyce Borger
Easter Sunday, 2020
- According to Peter, how is the Resurrection a life-changing event even 2,000 years after the fact?
- In what ways do we get to identify with both the suffering and the hope of Jesus when we embrace the Christian life?
• Read 1 Peter 1:24-25. Pray and thank God that you were exposed to God’s good news.
• Read 1 Peter 3:15. Pray that the Lord would give you boldness and wisdom in sharing the hope of the gospel with your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
• Read 1 Peter 2:9. Pray that God would do mighty works in the church so that the light of the gospel could be proclaimed to all nations.
• Read 1 Peter 2:20-21. Pray for the endurance in Faith of all believers through times of both prosperity and persecution.
INTERSECTION MINISTRY CALENDAR FOR THE WEEK:
This calendar is designed to help you apply your faith this week. I hope you can join us on the journey!